A forum for women in Tamil Nadu to find strength in unity
At Front Lounge, we value the role everyone has to play in society. Our motto is: Life is big, be all you can be! And we work tirelessly to help people overcome the barriers to their progress.
We hope that our input and your support will lead to the launch of a women’s forum in Ranipet, Vellore, a place for women of all backgrounds to congregate, share and draw strength from each other as they continue to fight for the full realisation of their rights and respect in India.
A journey to document their stories and ambitions
What we will do in India:
- Make a film telling the stories of women in Vellore and in Chennai, documenting their daily struggles and triumphs, the barriers and their resourcefulness, their fears and their dreams.
- Celebrate International Women’s’ day with Thendral Movement by working with a small group of women to learn from each other's stories how we can better support each other to be agents of change in our communities.
- Help launch WOMAN FORUM in Ranipet, Vellore.
An expedition of education and empowerment
We need your help to ensure our visit is constructive and that we do not become a burden to our gracious hosts during this time of celebration and empowerment. What the funding will cover:
- So that the team from Scotland has a place to stay and work to avoid being a burden on our generous hosts
- So that we can directly support Thendral Movement to support girls and young women through education in Vellore
- So that the costs of the conference are covered